At home, most of us pile our plates with fish and chips and get stuck in, but in Cork’s finest restaurants, arranging food is an art form.
Here are twelve mouthwatering seafood plates that are almost too pretty to eat… make it your mission to devour every one this summer.
1. Bastion, Market St & Main St, Kinsale, Cork
“Fish finger sandwich” – Bacalla, apple, truffle, celery and cress.
2. Ballymaloe House, Shanagarry
Pan fried Ballycotton turbot with chilli oil, parsley, bok choi and mangetout.
3. The Ivory Tower, 35 Princes Street, Cork
4. The Fishbar at Electric
Plateau de fruits de mer…
5. Rachel’s, Washington Street, Cork City
Dover Sole topped with Dublin Bay prawns and seasonal sea kale.
6. The Supper Club, Cork St. Kinsale
Trio of Monkfish: spiced with harissa, chorizo stuffed and tempura with sauce vierge and tabouleh salad
7. Miyazaki Cork, Evergreen Street, Cork City
Harusame soup noodles, oyster, langoustine, okura and ume.
8. Sage, Midleton
Charred mackerel, cucamelon, tomatoes and radicchio.
9. The Black Pig Winebar, Lower O’Connell St. Kinsale
10. Cask, MacCurtain Street, Cork
The mixed Seafood Plate
11. Fishy Fishy, Crowley’s Quay, Kinsale
Steamed Local Mussels with fresh basil and lemon butter sauce.
12. The Cornstore, Cornmarket St. Cork
Oven roast cod, grilled asparagus, sweet potato spiral and maltaise sauce.